Monday 13 April 2020

Narrative Writing Essay Example 5th Graders

Narrative Writing Essay Example 5th GradersIn my latest article, I wanted to take a look at the writing advice I give to students, and then I wanted to give them a narrative writing essay example. If you have not read it yet, here is an example of what I meant by narrative writing, and some tips on how to apply it.The first thing I tell my students when they are looking for essays to use in their projects is that there are many different types of essays, and the structure can change from student to student. For instance, I teach a class of senior high school students. As such, students may have very different needs when it comes to essay structure, and one student may need very little structure at all, while another student may want very structured essays, where the paragraphs are perfect, and so forth.The way I get them to the right idea, is by having them read a few different kinds of essays. What do I mean by this? I mean, I bring in a couple different kinds of essays and have the m read them. I also ask them to write something about the essay, but I only want to make sure that they have done this once, as I am going to use their written work to help me write the essay in the future.By having them read different types of essays, I can compare the writing style and find out if they really understand the importance of narrative. By comparing the different essay styles, I can see if one style is better than another, and that one of the different styles of the students are using more often.At this point, I want to show you what format I choose to use, and what type of format I use. Since this is the first time I have used this format, I chose a very common format, which is MLA format. I do this because the first use of this format in the United States was by Joseph Ellis, and in fact, it was Ellis who recommended itto the American Academy of Arts and Letters.This format is very straight forward, which allows me to read the writing quickly. The first sentence of t he opening paragraph should be relatively short and should have a beginning, middle, and end. Also, the entire opening paragraph should be descriptive and informative.In addition, I will not use any examples sentences until after I have read an entire paragraph, so that I can get an idea of what I am reading. This way, I can tell what I am reading by the content of the sentences. Then, and only then, will I use example sentences to indicate what the paragraph is talking about.I hope that this example essay will serve as an example of the type of essay that you can expect to read, and what type of story that you can expect to be told. Good luck with your essay writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment