Thursday 15 August 2019

Candy empathy task Essay

Well, here I am again on the same old ranch full of the same old ranch workers. It wasn’t going to be like this. I nearly got away from it all. Ya see, in all them other I had a dream. Made me feel kinda special, I s’pose, because there ain’t too many guys who hang on to a vision these days. Anyhow, Lennie’s gone now. I gotta say even if he was a crazy bastard that shattered my dream, he was someone to talk to, in fact; he was the one that told me about the dream in the first place. I will miss that crazy bastard. Ways are back to what they were before George and Lennie turned up. The same old people as before. Curley is still as cocky as before except he has a screwed up hand. I heard Curley say to Carlson that if he comes across another girl that he likes his hand is going into that glove again. And the other difference is that my companion is not here. I remember how he used to follow me everywhere even if he was getting a bit old and did not look very attractive like he used to; but that was hardly his fault. Still if it had to be done I would have preferred to do it myself. He was my dog, my companion, my friend. I don’t know how I am going to get through the last few years of my life without him. I shoulda done it myself. They woulda let me leave this ranch but where would I go. I can’t go to the farm on my own can I. The thought of leaving my dog behind, is just too powerful so I’ve decided I’m not going anywhere. My dog jus goes round and round in my head. I mean, Carlson is a fine bloke ‘n’ all but I still regret it. I bet it was that Curley that told him to do it. Bloody ‘hand fulla Vaseline’ guy. From the moment Lennie and Curley met everyone was expecting trouble. I mean, that was all we talked bout at dinner. Those two are a right pair. I mean, a crazy bastard and a golden gloves champion. Yet, it looked like the crazy bastard lost in the end. After all that he did; I mean, crushing Curley’s hand and breaking his wife’s neck. He went and lost the fight. There ain’t nobody that I know of, and if there was I would know, that has done that much damage to Curley. So off he went to find Lennie and put an end to it. Then all I remember was that Carlson’s gun was missing. Rumour has it that George hadda overpower Lennie to get the gun. Then Lennie got shot in a struggle but I gotta feeling that, by the way Slim was quiet, that something is not right. Everyone’s moving on now. George has left. Lennie is dead. Curley’s wife is dead. Curley’s gotta new girlfriend. I nearly hadda new pup from Lulu, Slim’s dog, but jus as I was pickin’ it it made me feel bad inside; made me feel even worse bout my old companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment