Tuesday 26 June 2012

An event that changed my life essay

Creative essay assignments can come in different forms but the basic thing that all of them have in common is that they all require of one to think creatively without necessarily referring to a different source as the source of information. Also, most of the creative essays may require that one writes about personal information which is unique from one individual from the next.

This implies that when a lecturer gives a class a topic that requires creativity or the input of personal data, every student in the class is likely to end up with a unique and different essay that explores a different event. Be that as it may, all these questions will still be answering the essay will still, be answering the one question of the assignment.

Below is an example of an event that changed my life essay that was authored by a student who wanted this company to post it on our website so it could be used by other fellow student as a guide when they want to write their own essays.

One event that was instrumental in changing the way I perceive of life and how I regard life is the moment when I was preparing to tackle my high school examinations. During the first three years of life, things were flowing as expected and there was not really and event that was too difficult to handle. I always used to take it easy on my studies yet always managed to score the very best of grades in school. Life was a bliss and I always believed that I really did not need to work hard to get the things I desired.

But then again, maybe it was because at that time, I was used to living an average life and getting average grades. Things however started changing during the fourth year of high school. Even the teachers seemed to gradually change their attitudes towards us. Then came the moment when we were preparing for the final high school exams and the teachers assembled all fourth years students in the auditorium stating that there was something important they wished to share with us.

The first speck was by a certain teacher called Mr Robert who told us to stop relaxing in our studies because it the final exam would entail competing against hundreds of thousands of other students from, other institutions for the opportunity to join the very prestigious colleges and universities. All along I had been taking things easy because it have never occurred to me the kind of competition that I was facing.

The teacher continued to explain o us the dangers of playing it safe in relation to studies by illustrating to us just how easy we could miss the careers of our dreams by not working a hard as we are supposed to. That is the moment when it hit me that I was not studying for my parents rather, for my own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment